So, at first I thought this would be the perfect self-insert game. But I was wrong. This game’s heroine actually felt the most distant to me (compared to other heroines that I know). Luckily there is Orion to make my life easier. I was surprised by how dark and disturbing the bad ends in this game actually are. I mean, it’s an otome game after all. I’m not used to getting pushed off cliffs, stabbed, drowned or burnt alive in these kinda games….Ukyou’s route was especially bad, since there’s 349534758374853 bad ends lol. The game wasn’t overly romantic in general, though. On the one hand I was super sad about that, because I like playing otome games for them dokidoki feels. But on the other hand I genuinely enjoyed reading the story, so I guess it’s okay…?
I really liked that the different worlds actually felt…different. Like, it was still the same characters and settings, but the relationships (and sometimes even character personalities) changed throughout the routes and it always felt like playing a new story. I enjoyed Waka’s personality change a lot, especially the gap between his spade world self and his heart world self that I experienced due to my play order.
The CG quality (in terms of prettiness) varies quite a lot, but I generally like the art style. Although I must say that I prefer the artist who did the loading screens. They look so cute!!! It bothered me that Toma was the only one out of the four main guys who didn’t have any gloves on. I don’t really know why.
Ikki -> Shin -> Toma -> Kent -> Ukyou
♡ = favorite character
- university Student, no default name (I named her Hanako), no memories (d’uh)
- silent for ¾ of every route (silent as in: no real thoughts, inner monologues or dialogues with the cast)
- really makes you wonder how the hell she got into uni, because most of the time she is p. stupid and judging from what other characters say about her, this is NOT to blame on her lost memories :’D
- self-inserting is kinda hard, because she is not just a mere avatar; but she doesn’t feel like a fully fleshed out character, either, which makes it difficult to experience the story from her pov
CV: Igarashi Hiromi
- spirit from another world, who accidentally ends up causing the heroine’s amnesia
- I love his various facial expressions, all of them are very very VERY cute
- does most of the talking for the heroine/player’s thoughts, Orion’s existence is a blessing to the game especially in the first half
- every time he felt guilty for something bad happening, I wanted to hug him and wipe away his shota tears ;_;
- I wish more characters had the opportunity to talk to Orion
- he and Nhil stay as humans in Ukyou’s route, probably the one thing I’m happiest about (even though the heroine doesn’t remember them)
- I want a oneshota route for Orion, why is there none ; ;
(in play order)
Ikki ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
CV: Taniyama Kishou
- playboy type at first glance, but actually a p. caring guy
- the design reminded me of Alvaro (WoF), but the character is nothing like him
- his eyes are magical and can charm all the ladies (LOL)
- has a fanclub full of bitches who take turns in dating him, idek; he’s too much of a sissy to properly tell them off, so they continue making his life miserable even when he’s dating someone. I pity him a little, but I also want to slap him (a lot)
- attempted kissing the heroine like 349752838 times. DUDE, pls…
- once I kind of started warming up to him his route just ended….welp
- short story: being able to know about Ikki’s emotions and his thoughts on the matter really helps appreciating his character a bit more
Shin(♡) ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
CV: Kakihara Tetsuya
- osananajimi and a cute tsunsere boy, he is very pure in his own way (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
- expected him to be a rather boring main guy type, but ended up falling for his cuteness. I even came to like the way he says “baka”….BAAAAKA!!!!
- route starts with a kiss in the hospital room (?!?!?!!!!) and continues with kissing and hugging in the most unexpected situations (!!??!!!!). Way to go, Shinchan!!!
- maid training scene = best scene
- lies a lot but actually feels trustworthy right from the start; I never had any doubts about Shin, even tho he literally lied about lying while telling a lie on several occasions
- his happy end was so adorable that I had to watch it twice
- short story: THIS GUY IS SO ADORABLE IT’S KILLING ME!!!
Toma ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
CV: Hino Satoshi
- osananajimi and big brother figure, who’s been in love with the heroine since forever, but never openly admits any of it because of ~reasons~
- thanks to Shin’s route I had trust issues right from the start; I wonder if playing Toma before playing Shin would have changed that
- this kind of storytelling doesn’t really work for me with this type of character, his big brother act ticked me off…
- why is Ikki’s fanclub haunting me even here? Pls JUST GO!!!
- not really sure what I was expecting, but it sure as hell wasn’t a cage…
- BAD END = BEST END!!!!!!!!!!
- even tho the route wasn’t bad at all, it felt so unsatisfying that I’m angry. I came to like how twisted Toma is, but the happy end kinda negates everything（; 3;）
- short story: nope, I really hate the big brother pretense….(the childhood flashback was v. cute though)
Kent(♡) ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
CV: Ishida Akira
- megane dork who doesn’t know shit about love and Ikki’s friend
- cute and awkward all the time (also a little bit tsun <3)
- even though he’s the oldest character I feel like he’s a cute little puppy that must be protected at all costs
- fairly boring route action-wise, especially compared to Shin/Toma, but GOD DAMN it made me feel so much!!!!
- for once I was able to see things from the heroine’s pov just fine
- Orion’s face is just (￣ ￣|||) most of the time….but this is the only route where someone other than the heroine interacts with Orion and I’M SO HAPPY ABOUT IT!!
- all the math tho…..WTF Kent, pls…..
- didn’t think I’d come to love a normal end in this game, but Kent did it
- short story: adorable, but not really offering any new insight
Ukyou ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
CV: Miyata Kouki
- Amnesia’s Furude Rika (sorta) who travels to parallel worlds in order to change the heroine’s fate
- met the heroine under a cherry tree and fell in love at first sight, how cute is that /////
- poor dude dies like 34827347628347 times, I think that ‘feeling bad for him’ completely fails to describe my sympathy for this guy
- his split personality and twisted dark side feel a lot more understandable and natural than Toma’s (and a lot scarier, too)
- BAD END BAD END BAD END BAD END BAD END BAD END BAD END this route really feels like ‘Do as I say or DIE!’
- even though his story was very touching and the revelations in the later half were exciting, the ending left me completely unsatisfied
- short story: hmm….I could have skipped this one and I wouldn’t even have noticed