Initially a lot of things reminded me of Clock Zero, but ultimately the game couldn’t live up those expectations (except for the visuals and music). Which doesn’t mean it was bad. It just means that it wasn’t as good as I wanted it to be. The steampunk setting was really cool. The common route helped with characters and world building so I really liked that. Some routes/relationships felt kind of forced, but the exciting plot made up for it in most cases. Although I must say that it was trying too hard at times and there was so much going on that it got confusing….a little more focus would have been nice.
It’s too bad that only Lupin’s route feels like a true happy end route. He’s kind of the main guy….he’s also the most popular one, so I guess it’s okay. But I feel bad for the other characters, because the conflict revolving around Cardia’s body just kind of….gets forgotten and pushed to the back. It’s like “oh well, nothing has changed but we like each other so it’s okay!”. Bleh. Also: there’s characters I wanted more info and plot for (e.g. WHY IS THERE NO FINIS ROUTE??!! I DON’T CARE I WANT ONE ;_; ).
Impey -> Saint Germain -> Helsing -> Victor -> Lupin
♡ = favorite character
- artificially created ‘homunculus’
- the Horologium serves as her source of life force and is responsible for the deadly poison that flows through her body
- starts out as an annoying doll-like damsel, but develops into quite a strong and capable girl. Lockpicking, fighting…Cardia does it all. You go, girl!
- she wasn’t nearly as annoying as I thought she would be (I actually like her a lot now)
CV: Ishigami Miho
- aka Delly/Dorachan
- cute shota vampire who wants to rebuild & protect the vampire clan and avenge all the vampires who died in the war
- talked into joining the main group by Cardia, but he ends up becoming friends with everyone (especially the dog, Sisi)
- why is there no shota route for Dorachan….
CV: Kaji Yuuki
- antagonist psycho shota and Cardia’s (artificially created) brother
- has 4352339 identical clone bodies that he can use to transfer his mind into, hence appearing ‘immortal’ to the outside world
- actually a vessle for Isaac’s rebirth (what the hell, Isaac)
- actually just envious of Cardia, because she got all of Isaac’s ‘love’
- actually just wants to be loved (by his dad)
- I LOVE FINIS!!! ｡ﾟ( ﾟஇ‸இﾟ)ﾟ｡ I wanted Cardia to save him…I really did ;_;
(in play order)
Impey ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
CV: Morikubo Shoutarou
- the funny and upbeat ‘mood-maker’
- genius engineer who wants to go to the moon one day; also a p. good cook; actually a vampire (?? this revelation felt completely random??)
- common route Impey and Impey route Impey are not the same character to me, idek
- still trying to understand at which point Cardia decided to fall in love
- ultimately came to like him a little better after playing his route, but Impey and romance just doesn’t work for me….
Saint Germain ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
CV: Hirakawa Daisuke
- nicknamed Sanchan (by Impey)
- mysterious aristocrat who seems p. detached and emotionless most of the time
- actually one of Idea’s assassin apostels
- he’s immortal, so he can touch Cardia and get away with it
- I wish all of his hair was the same length
- expectation: Alvaro (WoF) v2 – reality: tragedy, angst and drama…
- I’m kinda weak to the concept of assassins falling for their targets, even though parts of the story are kind of…errr, welp
- seriously though, Omnibus’ logic is super flawed? I mean? Huh???
Abraham Van Helsing ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
CV: Suwabe Junichi
- basically the unluckiest person ever; also probably the hottest character design (MEGANE!!!) (￣∀￣)
- was forced to kill many vampires during the vampire war (among them Dorachan’s parents); seeks revenge on Finis for killing his family; gets betrayed by the one person he trusts the most…dude, enough already!
- this route is brutal, bloody and gorey, what the actual fuck
- Cardia running after (and getting rejected by) Helsing for 13 chapters
- loving and caring Helsing in the true end just felt SO out of place. It probably would have ended up being my favorite route if not for that horrible happy end….
Victor Frankenstein(♡) ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
CV: Kakihara Tetsuya
- nicknamed Fran, genius alchemist/researcher and a wanted as a terrorist (but he did nothing wrong!); idealist
- initially only wants to help Cardia to feel better about himself, but then he ends up falling in love, what a cutie…
- unlike the other three he can actually touch, kiss & make out w/ Cardia, because he’s able to create a medicine that suppresses her poison
- the extra story killed me dead, SO HILARIOUS
- I can’t help but wonder how Helsing must have felt about Alester in this route, I mean…it’s KINDA contradicting his own route?!
Arsène Lupin ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
CV: Maeno Tomoaki
- gentleman thief, his route is the only one with a TRUE happy end, in the sense that Cardia’s ‘condition’ is actually ‘cured’
- he’s basically Tuxedo Mask
- Herlock Sholmes is the only one who can best Lupin (oh no, I might actually ship it)
- fairytale romance with Lupin as the prince (thief) in shining armor…
- I don’t like how Lupin is waaaay too…ideal and perfect.
- I also don’t like how Cardia needs constant saving here…
- at least there’s a lot of Finis (I love Finis ;_; )