It’s kinda funny, the game has likable characters and a cool setting (it’s p. much anime Harry Potter, WHAT IS THERE NOT TO LIKE), but then some routes felt so ???????? I really wonder why they exist. The problem for me lies with the gameplay. I HATE THE GAMEPLAY. Having to go through 20 weeks of school life to build up magic stats is SO FUCKING TEDIOUS and if you’re stuck with characters like, let’s say, Elbert….bye “orz. I think that if I had played Amy and/or Elbert early on I probably would have dropped the game ( ﾟ∀ﾟ)ｱﾊﾊ八八ﾉヽﾉヽﾉヽﾉ ＼ / ＼/ ＼. Not because they are bad characters in general, but because those routes don’t feel rewarding enough for the work I have to put in.
Despite my issues with the stat-raising blergh, the characters simply were too likable to give up on the game. Some of them also were nothing like what I expected, which I actually liked a lot. I kind of regret playing Lagi so early on, because he ended up being one of my favorites and I usually try to save those for later (if possible). Then again. maybe it wasn’t so bad to play him early on, because it sure kept my motivation high.
Bilal -> Lagi -> Julius -> Noel -> Est -> Ami -> Elbert -> Alvaro (-> all property end)
♡ = favorite character
- genki type, not exactly the smartest student
- surprisingly became one of my favorite otome heroines LOL
- I expected to get annoyed by her nonstop cheerfulness, but she’s actually really cute and….well, just great in general?!
- looking back at some routes *coughALVAROcough* I gotta say: Lulu has balls!
(in play order)
Bilal ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
CV: Takahashi Hiroki
- Arabian prince with a harem of wives…probably (but Lulu is his favorite :’D)
- annoying way of speaking for most of his route (because he’s supposedly a gaijin), it made me wanna mute the game（╬ಠ益ಠ)
- he acts like a big brother to Lulu, until he falls in love with her and wants to pork
- marries Lulu in his route
- they also spend the night together. In the forest. Yeah.
- for some reason he loses his gaijin accent at the end….WHY SO LATE
Lagi(♡) ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
CV: Kakihara Tetsuya
- THE CUTEST TSUNDERE BABY DRAGON!!!!
- he’s literally a fire dragon…well, half of him is (I have NO IDEA HOW THAT WORKED OUT FOR HIS PARENTS THO I mean….dude????!)
- turns into a little dragon when hugged by the opposite sex
- supposedly overcomes his chibidora syndrom during the end of his route, except he actually doesn’t ;D
- I LOVE LAGI!!!!! HE’S SO CUTE!!!!! And a little manly if he tries. But mostly cute!!!!
Julius ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
CV: Sakurai Takahiro
- genius magician
- I expected either a boring generic hero or a horrible asshole, but he actually turned out to be a cute magic fanboy and a nerd
- too bad his fan club was p. much nonexistent in his own route, so disappointing…why throw away all that conflict and drama potential?!
- blushing Julius CGs are my weakness….
Noel ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
CV: Suzuki Chihiro
- self-proclaimed rival of Julius, but actually an average person
- actually also a magical girl :3c
- he has a very obnoxious side to him that reminded me of typical shounen manga protagonists
- he’s a good kid with manners tho, never actually mean to Lulu and in the epilogue he asks her out in such an old-fashioned way, like….with bow and hand-shake and everything…hahh…Noel…
Est ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
CV: Irino Miyu
- kuudere ‘shota’ with a dark secret
- his route made me really sad at times (and it was also unexpectedly dark and serious?? That gap….)
- I wish there had been more dere moments, because he’s really really cute when in dere-mode!!!
- I love that one CG of Lulu patting his head so much….
Ami ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
CV: Oki Kanae
- since I’m mostly playing otome games for the romance-related stories, I’m p. much “whatever” about this one
- but Ami is a cute girl and a good friend to Lulu so it’s okay, I guess
Elbert ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
CV: Fujita Yoshinori
- seriously….? I’m sorry, no. Just no.
- this sensei is a (useless) crybaby from beginning to end, yet for some reasons Lulu falls in love with him, idek
- why does this route even exist???
Alvaro ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
CV: Suzumura Kenichi
- my fucking heart!!!!!!!!!
- HE IS SUCH A TROLL!!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
- I didn’t even like his weird design that much, until I found out that everything about him is a lie….DAMN YOU, ALVAROOOooooOo
- toying around with Lulu’s feelings and constantly trolling her until she decides to troll him back, I love this relationship!!!!!!
- for some reason his route ended up being my favorite