So, in the beginning all I knew about this game was that Tomu and Suzuken worked on it together and that alone was reason enough for me to wanna play it, even though vampires and werewolves aren’t exactly my favourite. Also, my bestie played it before and I really wanted to be able to talk to her about it. I was pleasantly surprised to find some of my favourite seiyuu among the main cast (KENSHOOOOOOOO (((o(*ﾟ▽ﾟ*)o))))! Kakki’s German in the prologue threw me off, because I didn’t really expect Goethe to haunt me even in my otome games (please, didn’t you make my life miserable enough when I was still in school!?). I’m the type of person who can’t appreciate his work all that much. I only think of how overly
pathetic theatrical it is. I wonder how Kakki must’ve felt, reading parts of Selige Sehnsucht in a dramatic voice… (￣ ∀￣|||) Though trying to interpret the poem with the supernatural elements provided in Walpurga’s story was actually kinda fun so kudos, I guess.
Anyway, this game had a lot of French kissing! Wow! It’s such a strong contrast to Rensenki, where nearly every kiss CG got censored in every possible or impossible way (I will never get over one half of Shiryuu’s face disappearing into his spear). In Walpurga it’s like…you’re desperate to see some cute blushing and cuddling and handholding, but instead they feed each other blood and twist tongues like there’s no tomorrow…:(´◦ω◦｀): The CGs are pretty, so it’s not really like I wanna complain about it, but…yeah, I was surprised. Plot-wise it was…well, it was a story about vampires and werewolves. XD Tbh I was a little bit disappointed. Though I can’t say the game was bad at all…just not as good as I had hoped. I really love the characterization though, especially the one for the
dogs wolves! I never had a dog myself, so I’m obviously no expert here, but their behaviour and way of talking really made me feel like “ah, they ARE dogs wolves after all, not just shape-shifting humans”. The way they speak in rash, short sentences and get excited easily had me imagining their wagging tails in every situation lol. Also, the way they demand petting and food…at times it seemed kinda rude since they were in human form, but it was also super adorable, because they are so…dog-like (*/▽＼*) Of course the downside to that is that they don’t hesitate to (literally) devour Shio if they have to…oh well, that’s what bad ends are for!
A thing worth mentioning is the skipping system, which was the best one I ever experienced. Even without saving I was able to skip back and forth comfortably and get additional (bad) endings within minutes. I wish Otomate games would let me do the same! It took me a while to get used to the different keymapping and use of touch screen though (usually I never use the screen for otome games at all lol). If I could change one thing about the game it would probably be the, uh…’animations’. They are so awkward and cheap, might as well just discard them for good and have beautiful, motionless CGs.
Suoh -> Tora -> Fins -> Ryuu
♡ = favorite character
- not exactly the brightest bulb in the box
- very adorable as a kid, I can see why everyone came to like her
- she’s a very kind girl and I like that she at least tries to think things through (to the best of her ability
- I wish she could’ve been a little less passive and submissive, but I guess vampire stories need those traits…hum
CV: Tateishi Megumi
- very cute, I enjoyed her way of talking
- she’s supposedly Shio’s childhood friend, but I can’t say I got that impression at all; they didn’t really seem THAT close
- openly criticizes Suoh for being a siscon and Shio for being a brocon w
Kiba (Ushio, Nezu, Mito, Usa, Saruta)
CV: Okitsu Kazuyuki, Maeda Takeshi, Kimura Subaru, Enoki Junya, Tsuda Taku
- wolf clan special corps? (of sort)
- tbh I thought Ushio and Nezu would be more important and/or play a bigger role, but somehow that wasn’t the case at all
- I wish Mito had gotten a route, he’s pretty and I really like him for some reason (having him abduct Shio was the last push I needed LOL); I guess the ‘forbidden’ factor in that potential relationship is what I’m interested in XD
- Usa is very cute but I’m like, why does he look like a fox girl even though he’s a wolf boy and why does his name sound like a rabbit?
- Saru is adorable. I want a little Saru wolf pup of my own ; w ;
- IDK what to think about the wolf clan…I kinda hate their silly rules. Though I guess the way they are is consistent with the narrative of them being actual wolves and living by different standards than humans
CV: Kishio Daisuke
gayGerman vampire who can’t speak English (yet for some reason he can speak Japanese w)
- I suppose he did have a sad backstory, but I don’t think people were burning witches as early as 1000 years ago, so I’m like….(￣∀￣)???
- also what’s with this game and “siblings” falling in love with each other? Because I really think he cared for his “sister” in more ways than one…
(in play order)
Suoh ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
CV: Hirakawa Daisuke
- I knew he was trouble from the moment I saw the mole under his left eye
- WHY, ONIICHAN????
- love him as a brother but hate him as a love interest
- he’s the type of guy who never tells anyone anything and does things the way he thinks is best, which many times ends up NOT being the best course of action whatsoever…groahhh >__<
- I hate how he always claims doing things ‘for Shio’s sake’, when actually it’s because he can’t let go of her and wants her by his side like, DUDE ( ಠ ಠ )
- I understand him being in love with Shio all this time, since he realized he’s not her real brother pretty early, but why (and when) excatly does Shio suddenly fall in love with him?
- I mean, she only finds out by chance mid-route and is all “it doesn’t matter if we’re not blood-related, he’ll always be my brother” and then randomly starts blushing someday…huh???
- dunno what to think about Suoh using the forbidden ritual to die and come back to life as a merged version of him and Fins….errrrrrrrrrrrrr ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (no, seriously don’t merge them!!!)
- I’m baffled as to how easily their mom accepts their relationship as lovers, even though she sees both of them as her children (╹◡╹)?!
- Hirarin is very good at being kind AND yandere /shivers
Tora ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
CV: Ono Yuuki
- the extroverted older wolf-twin and a very cute wanchan!!!
- Tora’s the kinda dog (err, wolf) that has his tongue hanging outta his mouth, while he wags his tail in excitement and asks for pets all the time
- very hung up on protecting everyone, tbh I got a little annoyed at times
- it’s cute how honest he always is
- all the more reason to be salty when he suddenly stops being honest and becomes a huge drama queen shortly before the end…
- PLUS THE DRAMA LASTED WAY TOO LONG щ(ಥДಥщ)
- seeing him and Shio blush all the time kinda made me happy lol ;;;;
- tbh I’d prefer for him to drop the hairpin hairstyle…
- his bad end was DISTURBING ｡ﾟ( ﾟஇ‸இﾟ)ﾟ｡ NOT MY RYUU NOOOOO
- I had to watch his good end twice and it had me laughing for 10 minutes straight; a sight I had never seen before
- his relationship with Shio was more physical, while Ryuu’s was more emotional
Fins(♡) ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
CV: Kakihara Tetsuya
- known as Shiga Takashi or “monster” in every other route, because Shio forgot the name she once gave him as a kid (thank you, Wolf clan <_<)
- he’s using Suoh’s dead father’s body, so essentially it’s a corpse touching/kissing/holding Shio…very morbid if you think about it lol
- I guess you could also say he’s kind of a lolicon, but oh well xD
- his name is short for Finsternis (why, Japan…)
- at first I thought he was creepy, but he’s actually very adorable ;______; ❤ Made me feel really bad for defeating (killing) him in other routes
- it’s funny how the character that I liked least became one of my favourites (kinda reminds me of Rensenki and Koumei…XD)
- as much as I liked him as a character, his route was kind of….Idk, they were just driving from hotel to hotel for like a week or so =_=
- my favourite scene probably is when they buy some underwear together (it’s cute)
- okay but why is the vampire so much like a…dog? I wanna pet him!!!
- he’s an existence that’s bad for humans, so the only way to be with him is for Shio to throw away her humanity; it’s too bad that it couldn’t go the other way around, with Fins becoming (more of a) human instead ;w ;
Ryuu(♡) ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
CV: Ono Kensho
- I love him
- I LOVE HIM A LOT!!!
- I knew I would love him the moment I heard Kensho’s soft voice ヾ(:3ﾉｼヾ)ﾉｼ
- the introverted younger wolf-twin and a very cute wanchan!!!
- I like the character models that show Ryuu’s fangs ( „•ω•„ )♡
- Ryuu’s the kinda dog that won’t come near you unless you spend 34958349 days taming him, and when he finally lets you pet him and licks your hand for the first time you’re the happiest person ever…yeah, that’s p. much how I felt lol
- I didn’t expect tsundere? kuudere? for a dog-type character, but it worked surprisingly well!
- on the one hand I’m sad that he loses his powers because a) they were amazing and b) they were the link to his family (aka Tora), but on the other hand I’m glad that he can get away from the wolf clan’s stern rules
- I love his good end, because he gets to be together with Shio as normal boyfriend & girlfriend (I kinda wish Fins had gotten that kinda option too, but it would’ve required too much of a miracle, huh…)
- plus he and Shio are such a cute couple and just ahhhh!!! Ryuu is adorableee ⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄-⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄
- I know they were joking about Suoh monitoring Shio via camera/GPS, but after playing Suoh’s route I’m like, he would…he probably really does…
- the bad end was DISTURBING ｡ﾟ( ﾟஇ‸இﾟ)ﾟ｡ NOT MY RYUU NOOOOO
- his relationship with Shio was more emotional, while Tora’s was more physical